Best Madden League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Best Madden League

The Best Madden League Out There. Period.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dolphins want to win now!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain

Captain

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-04-22

Dolphins want to win now!! Empty
PostSubject: Dolphins want to win now!!   Dolphins want to win now!! EmptyMon May 07, 2007 5:15 am

The Miami Dolphins made another major move yesterday, in an attempt to quickly move back up into the NFL's elite. After earlier trading away star RB Ronnie Brown to the Giants for QB Eli Manning, the Dolphins had a huge question mark as to who exactly Eli might be handing the ball off to. With Ricky Williams still trying to get re-instated into the league, there were no proven players in Miami's backfield.

That quickly changed with a monster trade involving the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Dolphins receive pro-bowl RB Fred Taylor, pro-bowl SS Donovan Darius, and young mammoth RT Maurice Williams, as well as a 1st and 3rd round pick. Now you ask," what did the Dolphins give up for that?" Well, they gave up all but one of their draft picks, 9 in total.

It was a move that was reminiscent of the New Orleans Saints trading away their whole draft for Ricky Williams, oddly enough, now property of the Dolphins. "This was nothing like that trade", says coach Cam Cameron, " we got 2 high picks in return. Plus we also acquired 3 great players, not 1." I guess he is right, but when you lose 7 draft picks out of the deal(the same amount that the Saints traded for Ricky), you better be sure about the player/s you are getting in return.

"We got 3 guys that we think are pro-bowl level players, and they fill great needs for us. We are a much better football team today than we were a couple of days ago", says Cameron. It was thought that this new regime in Miami would try and go with youth and rebuild through the draft, but with the Pats making a big free agent splash, and the Jets improvement in '06, there was some pressure on the Dolphins to keep pace.

"We are not rebuilding", says Cameron, "I've said it many times, we have a lot of talent here. We are re-tooling this team with the expectation of competeing for the playoff position." The earlier off-season acquisitions of Manning and LB Joey Porter should have been an indication that in Miami, the future is now.

Taylor will step in for the departed Ronnie Brown, and provide Manning and the Dolphins with an explosive weapon out of the backfield. "We had some good teams up in Jacksonville", says Taylor, " but it's exciting to come to a team with the tradition and support like the Dolphins. Wayne is a great owner. The fans are very passionate about the team. There were a lot of Dolphin fans in Jacksonville. I can't wait to see what it's like during football season in Miami."

Darius has been a perrenial all-pro, and will team with former Browns standout Brodney Pool, to form one of the leagues best S tandems. " I talked to Brodney today, and we are both excited about playing together in Miami", says Darius,"he's a young guy with unlimited potential. Together we will both push each other to raise our game to the next level." "He's one of the best", says Pool," As a young guy, he's one of the players that I modelled my game after. Now I'll be playing beside him."

Maurice Williams could not be reached for comment, but his acquisition enables Miami to move Vernon Carey back to LT, and gives Miami two massive, former 1st round picks, as bookends on the O-line. "Maurice was a big part of the deal", says Cameron," because it lets us put Vernon at LT, and keep LJ Shelton at RG, where he was great for us last year. Mo is a great talent, and he fits the style of T that Hudson(OL coach Houck) and I are looking for."

"Are you mortgaging the future for a S past his prime, a RB who has had some injury concerns, and a T who has been a bit of an underachiever so far?" a reporter asked Cameron. " This is the way I look at it", he, slightly angrily, replied, " We just acquired 2 players who have been all-stars for many years, and 1 who we think will be, and it cost us nothing off of our existing roster. We have a number of young developmental players on this team, so no! We are not mortgaging our future. When you have the chance to improve your team the way we did yesterday, you do it!"

The normally calm and reserved Cameron, seemed to lose his temper slightly and show some emotion that he usually keeps well hidden. "At the end of the day", Cameron says in a very direct voice," we have 3 high draft choices, we are putting together an offense that will be powerful on the ground and explosive in the air. Combine that with a great defense that has gotten even greater! I think those are some pretty positive moves we've made! Don't you?"

You realize, as Cameron burns a hole through the reporter that asked him the question, that he is a lot more fiery than you originally think. Then he politely says, "thank you for the questions", and walks off. One second he's got that quiet fire, like Zach Thomas, the next second he turns into Joey Porter, and almost bites your head off. Then, suddenly he turns into a well spoken Jason Taylor. Then you see an Eli Manning type, youthful, arrogant smirk on his face. Then you see the competitiveness and dedication that a player like Darius brings. That's when I realized that I just saw something I haven't seen since Don Shula left. I saw a coach that is all his players, and all their personalities in one. He is the leader of the leaders. He has a plan, knows how to execute it, and unfortunately for us, doesn't feel the need to keep us informed on exactly what that plan is.

Like all great NFL coaches, you just trust him. However, should you dare to question him, be prepared for the linebacker in him to come out.
Back to top Go down
SBChamps07

SBChamps07

Number of posts : 286

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins want to win now!!   Dolphins want to win now!! EmptyMon May 07, 2007 7:50 pm

WoW reading that made me feel like I didn't get enough back for those players. JK. Good write up though.
Back to top Go down
Captain

Captain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins want to win now!!   Dolphins want to win now!! EmptyMon May 07, 2007 8:03 pm

Gotta try and build them up for the Miami fans.
Back to top Go down
nieemo

nieemo

Number of posts : 633

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins want to win now!!   Dolphins want to win now!! EmptyMon May 07, 2007 9:44 pm

joeyyyyyyyyyy harrington farts alot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins want to win now!!   Dolphins want to win now!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dolphins want to win now!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Best Madden League :: League Forum :: NEWS FEED-
Jump to: