Best Madden League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Best Madden League

The Best Madden League Out There. Period.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Ratings are in

Go down 
+7
catspajamas
nieemo
Patstown
lebronzoom
~Myyst~
SoxNats07
footballnerd85
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-05-23

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:24 pm

After several hours of pondering over his decisions, Myst has finally released his much anticipated rankings. And to be honest, the rankings were quite suprising. The panthers landed in a meager spot of 8, and the redskins, with their only pick being Calvin Johnson landed at 21. If I may say some of my own criticisms, I feel as if a little bit bias was added for number one, The Houston Texans, Myst's own team. The Texans drafted Levi Brown and Justin Harrell in the first round. At a close second came the Denver Broncos, Generally Managed by Clutch, who did not even have a pick in the first two rounds. Third was another team, The Seahawks, who did not have a pick in the first two rounds. The results may have been shocking, but nonetheless, they are finally here.

This will be open for opinions,

--The Nerd
Back to top Go down
SoxNats07
Admin
SoxNats07

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2007-05-24

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:27 pm

Nerd, these are made based upon how WELL you made your pick. so if u got a 2nd rounder in the 4th, thats really good. it doesnt take much skill to draft CJ at #1.
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:29 pm

i was just stating that the team with the number one pick landed at 21.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats07
Admin
SoxNats07

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:30 pm

footballnerd85 wrote:
i was just stating that the team with the number one pick landed at 21.

that was his only draft selection
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:31 pm

i kno. i nevr said he should have been higher.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats07
Admin
SoxNats07

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:33 pm

I agree with you about the bias
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:36 pm

yes. but it is his own rankings, he can fantasize about being number one if he wants.
Back to top Go down
~Myyst~

~Myyst~

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-04-23

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:42 pm

Their's no bias, I used the same formula for every team. Denver had a great draft which I didn't even realize until I was going throu his selections.
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:02 pm

u didnt have a formula. it was ur opinion. and in ur opinion, u were the best, out of all the teams that had better drafts. explain to us why u had a better draft than denver.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats07
Admin
SoxNats07

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:08 pm

footballnerd85 wrote:
u didnt have a formula. it was ur opinion. and in ur opinion, u were the best, out of all the teams that had better drafts. explain to us why u had a better draft than denver.

i think this is the formula. Let's say someone got Ryan Khalil at #85, when he actually went at #45 (im not even sure if thes #s are accurate). that would be +40 for that team.
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:17 pm

so its like who had the most steals in the draft? i was drafting for needs and depth, so it actually doesnt matter to me where he ranked me. i drafted my #10 and 39 pick before they were drafted in real life, so i had a "bad" draft. and this is really based off how the pros picked the guys, so whoever picked jamarcus russell had a lot of bonus, cuz he was a "steal". if u had a low grade, it's probably not becuz u chose the wrong guys, more like u chose people who u needed, which isnt bad.
Back to top Go down
~Myyst~

~Myyst~

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:20 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
footballnerd85 wrote:

i think this is the formula. Let's say someone got Ryan Khalil at #85, when he actually went at #45 (im not even sure if thes #s are accurate). that would be +40 for that team.

Thats exactly how I did it. It's not really BPA either that affected the Rankings. In the 4th and 5th rounds teams selected players that weren't even drafted which would affect their rankings.

Last edited by on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SoxNats07
Admin
SoxNats07

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:20 pm

~Myyst~ wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
footballnerd85 wrote:

Thats exactly how I did it.

i guessed you'd do it like that. i would do it the same way.
Back to top Go down
lebronzoom

lebronzoom

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2007-04-21

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:21 pm

I dont think you should be comparing this to the actual NFL draft (if thats what myst did) because the NFL picked for needs, if they didnt jemarcus wouldnt have gone first overall and quinn wouldnt have gone 22nd.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats07
Admin
SoxNats07

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:21 pm

lebronzoom wrote:
I dont think you should be comparing this to the actual NFL draft (if thats what myst did) because the NFL picked for needs, if they didnt jemarcus wouldnt have gone first overall and quinn wouldnt have gone 22nd.

maybe it should have been compared to a huge big board.
Back to top Go down
~Myyst~

~Myyst~

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:25 pm

lebronzoom wrote:

True, the first and second rds are definitely needs over BPA, but I ranked the draft as a whole and not the first rd.

Also, during our draft you had to keep an open mind in regards to where the players where drafted in RL becuause their ratings will be based off draft position.
Back to top Go down
lebronzoom

lebronzoom

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2007-04-21

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:28 pm

not necessarilly, Williams went first overall last season and he was like 85, but Bush had a better rating. Im pretty sure they base it off of what should happen if positions werent an issue
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:28 pm

not really. calvin johnson will have a higher rating than jamarcus russell, and brady quinn will have a higher rating than alot of the guys that went before him.
Back to top Go down
~Myyst~

~Myyst~

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:31 pm

lebronzoom wrote:
not necessarilly, Williams went first overall last season and he was like 85, but Bush had a better rating. Im pretty sure they base it off of what should happen if positions werent an issue

Thats because Bush was the best player in the draft as well as CJ in this years draft will have a better rating then JR.
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:33 pm

so are u saying that whoever picked jamarcus russell got more "value" from that pick than cj at one? i think tht ur system is slightly flawed.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats07
Admin
SoxNats07

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:34 pm

footballnerd85 wrote:
so are u saying that whoever picked jamarcus russell got more "value" from that pick than cj at one? i think tht ur system is slightly flawed.

do you have a better one to decide value of picks?
Back to top Go down
~Myyst~

~Myyst~

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:36 pm

footballnerd85 wrote:

No thats not what I'm saying. CJ and JR are predicted to go #1 and #2.

But when Cinncy drafts JR at pick 9 in BML thats value right there.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats07
Admin
SoxNats07

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:37 pm

~Myyst~ wrote:
footballnerd85 wrote:

didnt TB get him?
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:37 pm

i say just we all create a big board, or we use one that someone else has made, and determine that way, instead of using the nfl draft, becuz in the nfl, there are different scenarios and situations for the teams choosing those types of players. my way may not be perfect, but it is a little more accurate than using the real draft.
Back to top Go down
Patstown

Patstown

Number of posts : 256

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:39 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
~Myyst~ wrote:
footballnerd85 wrote:

didnt TB get him?
Yah, I drafted J-Roc at #8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Ratings are in Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ratings are in   The Ratings are in Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ratings are in
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next