Best Madden League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Best Madden League

The Best Madden League Out There. Period.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quiet Times in the BML

Go down 
+2
al_fitz74
footballnerd85
6 posters
AuthorMessage
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Quiet Times in the BML Empty
PostSubject: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 9:55 pm

Early summer in the BML, triggers almost a state of doldrums. By now, most of the teams have already set their rosters, and are busy analyzing schedules, and matching themselves up against opponents. Casual trades are plopped about, but not many serious deals, that will change a team's season. Everything is slow-paced, which is abnormal for this kind of league.

Surprisingly, some GM's even think that the league is dying. It's quite the contrary. For all leagues, whether it be pro-leagues in the tail-end of the offseason, or fantasy leagues waiting for the pro season to start, there are always a large period of time, that is almost like hibernation. The free-agent draft will start, but not until August, when Madden 2008 comes out. Some GM's dont log on anymore, some check twice a day, for hope that someone has inquired about one of your players.

Thoughts have even been thrown around that the league has lost interest, due to the onset of another league. But when you think about it, it is just like real life. When the NFL periodically takes a break, many fans switch over to watching the NBA, or MLB. It does not mean that the NFL is losing fans, its just that nothing is going on, so there is nothing to follow. The arrival of the new league, IMO, is not affecting the inactivitey of this one.

My advice to restless GM's is to hangtight, do what you do best in the other leagues, and when Madden comes out in stores, play a couple of seasons and then shift your focus back to the BML and be primed for the start of the FA draft and season.

--Words from Da Nerd's first Editorial
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:15 pm

agreements? disagreements?
Back to top Go down
al_fitz74

al_fitz74

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:18 pm

i like it, i check a couple times a day see whats happening, but im pretty set for now so im just chilling.

good write up.
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:20 pm

yea, i am like that as well.
Back to top Go down
silvabullet48

silvabullet48

Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:23 pm

it's amazing.....someone should consider an occupation as a journalist
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:24 pm

lol thanx
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 11:14 am

i like it also
Back to top Go down
~Myyst~

~Myyst~

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 10:06 am

Definitely agree. Even in RL not much is going on except for mini camps.
Back to top Go down
footballnerd85

footballnerd85

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 5:18 pm

glad that so many people agree. i th0ought this would cause some argument. i think my comparison to real life made it make more sense.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats07
Admin
SoxNats07

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 10:16 pm

haha u thought the league wasnt dead
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1636
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 11:57 am

ha i know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Times in the BML   Quiet Times in the BML Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiet Times in the BML
Page 1 of 1