Best Madden League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Best Madden League

The Best Madden League Out There. Period.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEW YORK TIMES

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
catspajamas
Admin
catspajamas

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2007-04-22

NEW YORK TIMES Empty
PostSubject: NEW YORK TIMES   NEW YORK TIMES EmptyTue May 01, 2007 5:36 pm

These past few weeks have been a firestorm of trades for the New York Giants. Under new GM Catspajamas, the Giants brought in some youth and stalwart defenders to revamp the aging giants Defense. They also brough in a star RB in Ronnie Brown, and many toher quality depth players.
The wek started off with the Giants trading their 3d rounder to bring in veteran WR Derrick Mason. Mason, a seasoned veteran who was last in Baltimore, is known throughout the league as having great hands and a solid depth. " I like the pickup," said WR Amani Toomer, the Giants 2nd WR, " IT'll give me more of a reason to boost my game and stay a starter."
The next day came one of the biggest moves yet in this offseason. The GM traded star QB Eli Manning to the Dolphins for RB ROnnie Brown. Brown, who a 1000 yard rusher with the Dolphins, should fill the retired Tiki Barbers shoes nicely, and bring more power to the position. RB Brandon Jacobs said " personally, i dont like the pickup, because now i have less of a chance to start, and i have proved my worth last year, havent I." This was a great pickup, but what will the Giants do for a QB??
Two days after that, the Giants got the best pass rusher in the league in OLB Shawn Merriman. While it cost them Pro Bowl DE Michael Strahan, a 2nd rounder and OLB Kawika Mitchell, the Giants needed some youth on their team, and Shawn is the best OLB in the league. Osi Umenyiora said"I'm sad to see Michael go, but I am happy to have a younger, more elite OLB on my side to take the pressure off and he isnt even at the peak of his career yet."
Rumor has it that Chris Simms will enter Training camp the starting QB, but only time will tell who will be the starting QB.

Supposed Draft prospects are- Buster Davis, Darrelle Revis, Adam Carriker, Aaron Ross, Alan Branch, Paul Posluszny and Lawrence Timmons.

Other notable transactions were- The trade for Chris Simms from the Rams., The trade for Kyle Boller from the Ravens, The trade for premeire LT Matt Light to fill the void Luke Petitgout left, and a trade that gave the packers S Gibril Wilson and RW Mcquarters and gave the Giants up and coming S Nick Collins and former all star vet Charles Woodson, who the Giants traded to Arizona for a second round pick today.
We will see what the draft brings, and what lies ahead for the newly rebuilt Giants.

Last edited by on Tue May 01, 2007 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lebronzoom

lebronzoom

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2007-04-21

NEW YORK TIMES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW YORK TIMES   NEW YORK TIMES EmptyTue May 01, 2007 6:07 pm

your the Giants not the Lions, right? "the Lions got the best pass rusher in the league in OLB Shawn Merriman"

"This was a great pickup, but what will the Lions do for a QB??"
Back to top Go down
catspajamas
Admin
catspajamas

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2007-04-22

NEW YORK TIMES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW YORK TIMES   NEW YORK TIMES EmptyTue May 01, 2007 6:11 pm

dman, sorry, im so used ti doing things for the lions, cause they ar my favoirte team, and i used the giants in this casue the lions were taken, i shouldve not gotten distracted
Back to top Go down
lebronzoom

lebronzoom

Number of posts : 945
Registration date : 2007-04-21

NEW YORK TIMES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW YORK TIMES   NEW YORK TIMES EmptyTue May 01, 2007 6:11 pm

I was gonna say you must be rich, being the GM of two teams n' all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEW YORK TIMES Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW YORK TIMES   NEW YORK TIMES Empty