Best Madden League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Best Madden League

The Best Madden League Out There. Period.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Article from Cleveland's Daily Newspaper

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigZ_7320
Admin
BigZ_7320

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2007-04-21

Article from Cleveland's Daily Newspaper Empty
PostSubject: Article from Cleveland's Daily Newspaper   Article from Cleveland's Daily Newspaper EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 12:36 pm

Williams expects big things out of Cleveland

On Tuesday April 24th, 2007 the Cleveland Browns put them selves in a great position. They now own the second and third overall pick in the draft and one of the leagues best wideouts. Roy Williams, wide receiver from Texas officially became a Brown after passing his physical early this morning. "It's just a great feeling to get a fresh start in a city known for its great fans" said Williams regarding the trade.

The trade sent veterans Thomas Jones, Kevin Schaeffer, Quentin Jammer, Ted Washington, Robaire Smith and Derek Anderson to Detroit in exchange for pick number 2 overall in the draft, Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers. "When I got to Cleveland yesterday I was very excited at the chance to be a number 1 back, but when I got the news that I would be joining up with my little brother in the Lions backfield I couldn't have been happier" said Thomas Jones. One player that wasn't shocked to see his name in on the news as being traded was ex-Brown Kevin Schaeffer: "I kind of felt that my time in Cleveland would be coming to an abrupt end very shortly after the acquistion of two pro-bowl caliber offensive tackles. I have played left tackle my whole career and I was not about to try and learn a new position and I let the organization know I would not be switching positions. Now I'm just excited to be part of a rebuilding process with Matt (Millen) and the whole Lions organization."

The one Brown who cannot be any more excited about this trade has to be Quarterback Charlie Frye. He now has not one, but two pro-bowl wide receivers in his arsenal to go along with Tight End Kellen Winslow.

The Browns have made it clear that they are now shopping the number 3 overall selection in the 2007 N.F.L. Draft.

TRADE BLOCK: Number 3 overall pick
Back to top Go down
https://bestmaddenleague.niceboard.com

Article from Cleveland's Daily Newspaper
Page 1 of 1